- Improvement in sleep patterns.
- Improved ability to cope with daily stressors.
- Revitalise energy.
- Respiratory disorders, Arthritis, Migraine, Infertility, Hormonal imbalances.
- Overall grounding and overall feeling of <strong>balance within the body and mind.
Reflexology has proven to be an amazing therapy that works primarily on the feet to treat and create balance within the whole body. Reflexology works on the principle that the whole body is connected. By applying specific pressure techniques on the ‘zones’ and the ‘reflexes’ of the feet can stimulate the corresponding areas of the body, therefore, creating healing and balancing effects and benefits for the whole person.
Reported feedback from clients who attend regular reflexology treatments include;
- Being able to sleep better and for longer,
- Improvement in anxiety and stress,
- Being able cope better with on-going stressful situations,
- Improved relaxation,
- Improved circulation and improved immune system,
- The feeling being in a ‘trance like’/mediative state, thereby improving mental and emotional health and wellbeing throughout their general day to day lives.
Pre-Natal Reflexology Programme
It is recommended that treatments do not commence until after the first trimester of pregnancy.
Over the years, Reflexology has proved to be an excellent therapy, with a great potential for preventing symptoms during pregnancy. Some of these symptoms include;
Oedema, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Headaches, Constipation, Haemorrhoids, High blood pressure (not suitable for pre-eclampsia or eclampsia), Tiredness, Morning sickness, Heartburn, Backache, Breathlessness and Sleeplessness.
Pregnancy is a long period, sometimes tedious and tiring, which involves the constant movement of emotions of not just joy and excitement but also fear and anxiety. Reflexology is a non-invasive, safe and a extremely relaxing treatment throughout pregnancy. As a result of stimulating all the organs and systems in your body, reflexology will provide you with a positive and uplifting energy, therefore enabling your body to use its own innate ability to heal itself and for you to more comfortable in the changes your body will go through during your pregnancy.
Benefits for Labour
According to studies carried out by Dr. Gowri Motha of The Gentle Birth Method, 10 reflexology sessions from 20 weeks on can:
- Improve labour times; 1st stage of labour can be reduced from 16-24hours to down to just 5 hours.
- Therefore, creating less pain relief and other intervention.
- According to clients pre-natal refelxology can also, improve quality of sleep, bonding with their baby, getting to know their own body and their babies movements, help with stress and anxiety around the labour and post natally,
- Compared to other control groups, receiving reflexology can also reduce anxiety and depression after the baby is born aiding in post-natal care.
- 89% were normal deliveries,
- Only 5.4 % of Inductions,
- Only 5.4 % of emerency C Sections,
- In a separate study, weekly Reflexology sessions had an effect on normalising hypertension.