- Increases blood circulation, therefore improving skin colour and muscle tone.
- Boosts immunity by improving production and distribution of antibodies and lymphocytes.
- Improves muscular balance and therefore skeletal alignment (tight, restricted muscles can pull bones out of alignment).
- Reduces swelling, which is caused by too much fluid in the cells therefore reduces cellulite and lumpiness.
- Research shows that 75% of disease is caused by stress in Ireland. Massage Therapy can reduce stress and have significant improvements in health.
Deep Tissue/Remedial Massage
Deep Tissue massage is a type of massage therapy that focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. It is especially helpful for chronically tense and contracted areas such as stiff necks, low back tightness, and sore shoulders.
When there is chronic muscle tension or injury, there are usually adhesions (bands of painful, rigid tissue) in muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Adhesions can block circulation and cause pain, limited movement, and inflammation.
Deep tissue massage increases blood and oxygen circulation by physically breaking down these adhesions and restore normal movement. To do this, the massage therapist often uses direct deep pressure or friction by using hands/fingers, forearms and elbows across the grain of the muscles to relieve pain and discomfort.
Therapeutic Massage/Indian Head Massage
Therapeutic or Swedish massage is a Western form of massage and includes various strokes such as effleurage, kneading, friction work and tapotement. A Swedish relaxation massage may include the arms and legs in a full body sequence but Indian Head massage will work primarily on the back, neck and shoulders, scalp and face. These treatments have amazing benefits for all forms of stress.
Lomi-Lomi (“Heartworks”) Hawaiian Massage
An amazingly beautiful treatment and passed down through family tradition, in Hawaii, ‘Loving Hands Massage’ or Lomi Lomi was a huge part of the native healings arts system for centuries.
Lomi Lomi Massage works gently but deeply into the muscles with long and flowing strokes enabling the client to relax and simply be. With loving energy, intention and connection the practitioner works intuitively with the client, therefore aiding in the ‘letting go’ of old beliefs, behaviours and patterns which may cause physical and mental limitations or ailments, which are stored in every cell in our body.